How can you put your skills and expertise to best use in your second act? Use this list as a thought-starter.
• Health care: Jobs range from patient advocate to nurse and physical therapist.
• Green-collar jobs: Think engineering to landscape architecture and the construction trades.
• Government: Everything from management skills to technical expertise is sought after on the local, state and federal levels. Is a run for mayor—or the Senate—in your future?
• Nonprofits: Could you be a good fund-raiser for your favorite charity?
• Education: Many executives find their corporate skills and experience carry over well to teaching at the high school and college levels.