Whether your child was recently diagnosed or has been living with a disability for many years, it is critical that every member of your family be involved in a strategy designed to provide for his or her lifetime financial security. This task can seem daunting — but you don't have to do it alone.
A Merrill Lynch financial advisor and a team of Merrill Lynch professionals can provide you the support and guidance you'll need to make the complex decisions involved in providing financially for your child's future. You may also want to call on the expertise of outside advisors, including:
- An attorney with expertise in disability law and estate planning
- Disability professionals or representatives from a third-party disability organization
- Medical professionals with knowledge of your child's disability
- Tax advisor or Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
These specialists can offer insight to help you assess your situation and clarify your particular needs. By working with them, a Merrill Lynch financial advisor can help you pursue a long-term, goal-oriented financial strategy.
Dedication to the special needs community
Merrill Lynch offers services for clients who are deaf or hard of hearing and blind or visually impaired, as well as clients who are experiencing catastrophic injuries or illnesses. For more than 20 years, we have continued to support the special needs community with a range of services developed especially for them. We are proud to provide:
- Free interpreter service at any branch office
- A financial advisor who is deaf and knows American Sign Language
- Financial statements in large print or Braille
- Medical bill management services