Women have been driving change in the labor market, the workplace, and the home. But there are still key opportunities for continued growth.
41% of women wish they had invested more of their money1
Explore the unique financial journeys of women and gather insights to prepare for your own financial future.Get the full report
When looking at key stages of life like parenting and caregiving, women are far likelier to take time off from their jobs than men. How does that translate financially?
Based on earnings from ages 23 to 65.3
Caregiving for Parent
Caregiving for Spouse
While women's confidence in other financial matters is equal to or greater than men's, investing is an opportunity for many women to expand their expertise and experience.
When it comes to managing investments, only about half (52%) of women say they are confident, compared to 68% of men.4
Investing confidence across asset levels
Financial priorities are ultimately about individual needs and goals. It's clear that women are seeking opportunities to link their investments to those priorities.
77% of women say they see money in terms of what it can do for their families.5
Your unique priorities need a personalized financial plan centered on your goals. Consider working with a financial professional to create that plan. We are here to help you take the first step.
1) Base Women 18+ excluding NAs (select all that apply)
2) Source: Bureau of Labor Statistic; TED: The Economics daily, Median usual weekly earnings of women and men who are full-time wage and salary workers, by age, 2016 annual averages. Age Wave Analysis.
3) Age Wave Estimate, Bereau of Labor Statistics, Number of Jobs, Labor Market Experience, and Earnings Growth: Results from A National Longitudinal Survey, 2017
4) Base: Women and men 18+ (percent agree)
5) U.S Trust, Insights on Wealth and Worth, 2017
Age Wave and Merrill Lynch, Women & Financial Wellness: Beyond the Bottom Line, 2018
Age Wave is not affiliated with Bank of America Corporation.
Then we can provide you with relevant answers.Get started