The Bank of America Charitable Gift Fund offers a sophisticated and dynamic way to give to the causes that mean the most to you.
Since 1955, The Bank of America Charitable Gift Fund has been helping donors give money to favorite charities in an organized, tax-efficient and worry-free way. You can depend on us to help you pursue your philanthropic goals while you support important causes.
A donor-advised fund allows you to streamline your charitable giving. Your fund will be invested with the potential to grow over time. Our online portal allows you to make grant recommendations to the charities of your choice, track your giving, make new contributions, select an investment designation and access statements.
Bank of America Charitable Gift Fund benefits:
- Receive a current-year income tax deduction for any assets you contribute to your fund
- Donate appreciated assets without incurring capital gains taxes
- Make grant recommendations now or in the future
- Involve your family and build a tradition of family charitable giving
- Choose from multiple investment objectives
- Manage your charitable giving via our online portal or with your financial advisor
Access and manage your gift fund account using our flexible, secure portal
- Review your fund balance and transactions
- Research grantees using the Guidestar® database of 1.8 million IRS–recognized charitable organizations
- Recommend grants
- Download useful forms
Choose how your funds are invested
- The Gift Fund offers 8 Investment Objectives, a money market fund and 7 strategic asset allocation models ranging from conservative to more purely growth oriented strategy. Under each asset allocation model, we offer both a combined mutual fund and ETF layer portfolio (Hybrid) and an All-ETF portfolio (passive) option
Make grant recommendations to benefit charities that are important to you.
- You decide when to make grant recommendations and how much to grant to the charities of your choice
- Streamlined grant recommendations through our secure portal including setting up recurring grants
- Receive recognition for your donations or maintain anonymity to protect your privacy
- Authorize an unlimited number of individuals to serve as co-advisors to your Fund
3 Questions to Ask Your Advisor
- Is there any convenient way for me to support the causes important to me?
- How can I include my family to build a legacy of giving?
- How would I track my giving?
For more information, please call us at 888-703-2345 or email us.
Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated (also referred to as “MLPF&S” or “Merrill”) makes available certain investment products sponsored, managed, distributed or provided by companies that are affiliates of Bank of America Corporation (“BofA Corp.”). MLPF&S is a registered broker-dealer, Member SIPC, and a wholly-owned subsidiary of BofA Corp.