At Merrill, we know the important role technology plays in your relationship with us. We work to deliver the highest quality service experience to help simplify your financial life.
Merrill is continually safeguarding you through the best security practices available today.
In fact – our mobile apps are the most secure way for you to interact with your finances and communicate with your advisor team.
Our security features include:
- Fingerprint or facial recognition for logging into our mobile apps,
- Mobile and email alerts sent whenever there’s a change in your profile information or new enrollment in services
- Secure documents sharing through Secure Inbox and Document Scanning
- And Documents Vault, to store personal information such as passports and insurance policies that can be shared later with your advisor.
Our online Security Center offers additional tools you can opt into – such as adding two factor authentication to access your account and free online fraud-prevention software that protects your system against malware which can warn you of fraudulent sites when browsing the web.
Protection is, of course, a shared responsibility – and other proactive measures you can take to keep your personal devices safe include:
- Keeping your browser, app and operating systems up-to-date
- Turning off Wi-Fi and Bluetooth services when not in use, and avoiding public Wi- Fi for financial transactions
- Backing up data regularly
- And, avoiding suspicious emails and links from unknown sources
Our Online and Mobile Security Guarantees that you will not be liable for fraudulent trades, transfers or bill pay transactions.
And at all times – our online fraud team monitors and logs suspicious behaviors. They will contact your advisor and may contact you if any suspicious activity is detected.
As a good reminder, a lock on the left of your browser’s address bar confirms you are communicating securely.
Login history is available to show you the date, time, browser, and device for all successful logins.
In addition to our standard online and mobile security capabilities certain features like My Financial Picture ®, our asset aggregation service, has additional layers of security, such as data protection.
At Merrill and Bank of America, account security is our top priority – and we will continue to invest in keeping your information safe – and making cyber security paramount.
To learn more, a security client brochure is available on both MyMerrill.com and BankofAmerica.com, which provides valuable information about preventing, identifying and resolving security compromises.
Merrill knows the importance of cyber security and has invested in enhanced features to help minimize security concerns, and make your financial activity easier.