Administering a trust and managing its investments are significant and time-consuming responsibilities. Although you may have a friend or family member in mind for the role—someone of the highest personal integrity in whom you have full confidence—you might benefit from hiring a corporate trustee in support of, or even instead of, that person.
When you use Bank of America corporate trustee services, your trust will benefit from our expertise in both investment management and trust administration responsibilities. You’ll know that your legacy is being overseen by professionals who are held to the highest fiduciary standard —which means they have a duty to act in the sole interest of you and your beneficiaries.
Bank of America corporate trustee services can provide you with a high degree of confidence that:
- Naming your friend or family member as a co-trustee will not overburden them with the sole responsibility of managing your trust.
- Your trust is overseen by one group of experts who take a comprehensive view of all aspects of your legacy, with your best interests in mind.
- You can rely on the permanence and continuity of a firm that has managed trusts for individuals and families for 120 years.
As your corporate trustee, Bank of America can:
- Provide investment advice and manage assets.
- Pay bills.
- Help balance competing interests of beneficiaries.
- Make discretionary distributions to beneficiaries.
- Maintain the records required to report on principal, income and performance.
- Prepare and file tax returns.
Whether you rely on Bank of America corporate trustee services alone or to support a trusted family member or friend, you’ll know that there’s a process in place to oversee your legacy for generations to come.
A more personalized way to choose an advisor
Explore our other solutions
Whether you’re defining goals, addressing change or figuring out how to move forward, Merrill and Bank of America offer a widge range of solutions to help you take the next step to stay on track.
Looking for an advisor?
All our advisors are committed to putting your needs and priorities first.