OLDER AMERICANS ARE USING THEIR MOBILE devices not just to network with professional colleagues via LinkedIn or to keep up with friends and family via Facebook and Twitter. They're also using them to stay connected with their finances and their Merrill Lynch Financial Advisor, as well as to keep an eye on the markets, deposit their checks and adjust their investment strategies — even when they're traveling abroad or summering in a different part of the country. In fact, "baby boomers are the fastest growing group of social media users," says Joseph Corriero, head of Digital Marketing at Bank of America Merrill Lynch.
Here are some ways Merrill Lynch is making it easier than ever for you to keep tabs on your financial information. "The goal behind all of these services is to be as mobile and flexible as you are," Corriero says, "and to make sure you have a direct connection to the thought leadership of Merrill Lynch, whether you're around town or around the world."
- MyMerrill mobile app. Monitor your portfolio, study market conditions, and access your accounts from this mobile version of the popular client site, which has an easy-to-use mobile check deposit feature. You can download the free app to your iPad, iPhone or Android.
- Flipboard. This free, customizable "social magazine" app available on the iTunes App Store lets you view and organize articles and videos from your favorite news outlets, magazines and Web sites on your tablet or smartphone. Include Merrill Lynch among your Flipboard favorites for instant access to the latest insights on the economy, investments and ways to meet your goals.
- Twitter. Check out the Merrill Lynch Twitter handle (www.twitter.com/MerrillLynch) for breaking news, insights, and links to in-depth articles and videos.
- YouTube. Use the Official Merrill Lynch Channel (www.youtube.com/merrilllynch) to view educational seminars, industry-leading market analysis, and videos featuring real-life clients meeting challenges and opportunities similar to your own.
- LinkedIn. The social media mainstay that made its name connecting business professionals with one another is now a great way to find the latest news about Merrill Lynch. Just add Merrill Lynch to the companies you follow on LinkedIn.
Photo: Hero Images/Corbis