Choice of advisor does not guarantee future success. Investing involves risk.
1CASH BONUS OFFER TERMS
Offer valid through April 30, 2024. This is a limited time offer and is not available for use in combination with other offers. Bank of America may change or discontinue this offer at any time without notice before that date. Offer valid for Individuals who fund accounts with at least $250,000 new combined qualifying assets into eligible Bank of America deposit accounts and/or eligible Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated (also referred to as “MLPF&S” or “Merrill”) investment accounts and deposit at least $5,000 into a new eligible Bank of America checking account.
Eligible Bank of America deposit accounts include personal Bank of America deposit accounts, CDs, and Individual Retirement Accounts (IRA); eligible Merrill investment accounts, inclusive of Merrill Edge include personal Cash Management Account (CMA), Delaware Individual Investor, and IRA accounts (Traditional, Roth, Rollover, Simplified Employee Pension, SIMPLE).
The new checking account must be owned or co-owned only by one or more individuals. Non-personal, fiduciary or trust accounts will not satisfy the checking account requirement. The qualifying assets must be owned by one of the same individuals, and may include assets owned through a revocable trust that uses the same tax identification number as the individual. Bank of America Private Bank fiduciary or custody accounts are not eligible.
Offer limitations: You are not eligible for this offer if you were an owner or co-owner of a Bank of America personal checking account within the last (12) months. Offer limited to one incentive per client. Clients must have a U.S. domestic address (this includes Puerto Rico and PO Boxes) to qualify for this offer. Clients with any foreign address are not eligible for this offer.
How it works:
- Meet with a Merrill advisor or Wealth Management Banking Specialist to discuss the offer.
- Open a new Bank of America Advantage Banking account by April 30, 2024.
- Fund your accounts (combination of eligible Bank of America deposit and Merrill investment accounts) with at least $250,000 qualifying new assets to receive $1,000 or at least $500,000 qualifying new assets to receive $3,000.
- Accounts funded with qualifying new assets within 60 days prior to when the checking account is open or within 60 days after the checking account is open are eligible to meet the funding requirements. Note that the same assets may not be used to qualify for multiple client incentives.
- For purposes of this offer, qualifying new assets are calculated by adding total incoming assets or transfers (including cash, securities and/or margin debit balance transfers) from external accounts.
- Eligible accounts that have been pledged may count towards new assets.
- Assets transferred from other accounts at Bank of America, Merrill, Bank of America Private Bank, or retirement plan accounts administered by MLPF&S/Bank of America do not count towards qualifying new assets.
- Annuities and life insurance, even if held in an eligible account, do not count towards qualifying new assets.
- On day 61 after opening the checking account, your bonus tier will be determined based on your eligible new assets of at least $250,000 to $499,999 to receive the $1,000 incentive or $500,000 or greater to receive the $3,000 incentive across your eligible Merrill investment and Bank of America deposit accounts. You must also maintain a minimum of $5,000 daily in your new checking account from day 61 to120 after account opening. Gains and losses to qualifying investment balances from trading or market fluctuations will not be counted for purposes of meeting the balance requirements.
- Within 120 days after opening your checking account, your Bank of America Advantage Banking account must be deemed “active” by:
- Having at least one Bank of America Online or mobile banking login or,
- Have qualifying direct deposit made into the account. A “Qualifying Direct Deposit” is a direct deposit of regular monthly income – such as your salary, pension or Social Security benefits, which are made by your employer or other payer – using account and routing numbers that you provide to them. Examples of non-qualifying transfers and deposits include the following: teller deposits, wire transfers, debit card transfers, ATM transfers or deposits, Online and Mobile Banking transfers or deposits, or transfers from a bank or brokerage account or Merrill account.
Additional Terms and Conditions:
Your account does not qualify for the bonus described until you provide all the information we require in connection with opening the account by the promotion end date.
TAX DISCLAIMER: This includes information we require to identify each account owner and to report the value of the bonus to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), including a validly completed IRS Form W-9 or Form W-8 (as applicable). The value of the bonus may constitute taxable income to you. Bank of America may issue an IRS Form 1099 (or other appropriate form) to you that reflects the value of such bonus. To the extent required by law, Bank of America may withhold tax or other amounts from the payment. Please consult your tax advisor, as neither Bank of America, its affiliates, nor their employees provide tax advice.
If the offer requirements are met for either the $1,000 bonus or the $3,000 bonus, we will deposit the earned bonus directly into your eligible Bank of America Advantage Banking account after (30) days but no more than (60) days following the end of the 120-day maintenance period; if we are unable to do so, a check will be issued. Your new Bank of America Advantage Banking account must be open and in good standing up to and including the date any earned bonus is paid to receive the bonus.
The minimum deposit required to open a Bank of America Advantage Relationship Banking® account is $100. The Annual Percentage Yield (APY) for Bank of America Advantage Relationship Banking for Wealth Management is as follows: less than $50,000, 0.01%; $50,000 to less than $99,999, 0.02%; $100,000 - $999,999, 0.02%; $1,000,000 and over, 0.02%. APYs are accurate as of 12/06/2023. Bank of America Advantage Relationship Banking for Wealth Management is a variable rate account. The rates may change after the account is opened. Fees may reduce earnings. View additional rates for other types of checking accounts here: https://www.bankofamerica.com/deposits/bank-account-interest-rates/.
For other account fees, rates and information, please see the Personal Schedule of Fees. To obtain a copy consult your Merrill advisor (if applicable), visit a financial center, or go to bankofamerica.com.
Reproduction, purchase, sale, transfer or trade of this offer is prohibited. Offer may not be combined with any other offer. Offer does not apply to business or second or multiple personal checking accounts.
|Are Not FDIC Insured
|Are Not Bank Guaranteed
|May Lose Value
Banking products are provided by Bank of America, N.A., and affiliated banks, Members FDIC, and wholly owned subsidiaries of Bank of America Corporation.
Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated (also referred to as “MLPF&S” or “Merrill”) makes available certain investment products sponsored, managed, distributed or provided by companies that are affiliates of Bank of America Corporation (“BofACorp.”). MLPF&S is a registered broker-dealer, registered investment adviser, Member SIPC and a wholly owned subsidiary of BofA Corp.
Banking products are provided by Bank of America, N.A., and affiliated banks, Members FDIC, and wholly owned subsidiaries of BofA Corp.
Bank of America Private Bank is a division of Bank of America, N.A., Member FDIC, and a wholly owned subsidiary of Bank of America Corporation.
Bank of America employs Ipsos, the world’s third largest market research company, in conjunction with Qualtrics to continuously measure Merrill Lynch Wealth Management client satisfaction via an online survey. Results quoted are from surveys conducted July 1 2022 – June 30 2023 with a total sample of 55,348 clients randomly drawn from the Merrill Lynch Wealth Management client base after eligibility (minimum $20k in household assets, advised relationships) and privacy exclusions (deceased, in litigation, bad email address, etc., and had they been included percentages may be different). When asked how satisfied the client was with their primary financial advisor, 92% rated them a 9 or 10; 6% a 6-8 and 2% a 1-5.