If you've been the victim of identity theft, we're here to help. We'll cancel your card and issue a replacement immediately. You won’t be liable for any fraudulent activity.
- Contact Bank of America immediately by calling 1.800.432.1000 or visiting your nearest banking center to report any fraudulent activity you’ve seen and to close any accounts that have been tampered with or fraudulently established.
- Contact the 3 major credit bureaus listed below to place a fraud alert on your credit file. You also can order a credit report to identify any unauthorized activity.
- Close other accounts that you know or believe have been tampered with or fraudulently opened. Use the ID Theft Affidavit layer (PDF, requires Install Adobe Reader for PDF) when disputing unauthorized accounts.
- File a police report. Get a copy of the report to submit to your creditors and others that may require proof of the crime.
- File a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission layer (FTC). The FTC maintains a database of identity theft cases used by law enforcement agencies for investigations.