Now's the time to have the bull at your back, with Merrill.Now's the time to have the bull at your back, with Merrill.
We believe the future is bullish, even in the most unpredictable markets. Our advisors are here with the expertise, insight and personalized guidance to help see you through uncertainty, find potential opportunities and stay focused on your financial goals.
Also ask us about preferred deposit and CD rates
Earn $1,000 when you open a qualifying checking account and deposit $250,000 across BofA banking and/or Merrill investing accounts.1
Enjoy the expertise of Merrill with the strength of Bank of America
Connect with a Merrill advisor
Get a complimentary personal financial consultation
Ask about our $1,000 new checking account bonus as well as preferred deposit and Certificate of Deposit rates
Get the latest investment insights from Chief Investment Officer, Chris Hyzy.
Navigating current volatility
Your Goals. Your Advisor.
With Merrill, you get personalized financial advice tailored to you, for the financial life you want to live.
Get ready to meet your match
Our new Merrill Advisor Match tool allows you to choose an advisor based on your unique preferences, financial goals, communication style and more. Simply answer a few questions and receive a customized list of advisors tailored to your needs.
With Merrill Lynch Wealth Management, you’ll work one-on-one with a dedicated advisor.
However, everyone’s investing needs are different.
Take a look at our other investing approaches
Choice of advisor does not guarantee future success. Investing involves risk.
Offer valid between May 1 – August 31, 2023. This is a limited time offer and is not available for use in combination with other offers. Bank of America may change or discontinue this offer at any time without notice before that date.
Offer valid for Individuals who fund accounts with $250k+ new combined qualifying assets into eligible Bank of America deposit accounts and/or eligible Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated (also referred to as “MLPF&S” or “Merrill”) investment accounts. Eligible Bank of America deposit accounts include Personal Bank of America Advantage Banking Checking, Bank of America Advantage Banking Savings, CD, and Individual Retirement Accounts (IRA); eligible Merrill investment accounts include personal Cash Management Account (CMA) and IRA accounts (Traditional, Roth, Rollover, Simplified Employee Pension, SIMPLE). Qualifying assets must be owned by the same individual, including assets owned through a revocable trust that uses the same tax identification number as the individual.
Offer limitations: You are not eligible for this offer if you were an owner or co-owner of a Bank of America personal checking account within the last (12) months. Bank of America Private Bank fiduciary or custody accounts are not eligible. Offer limited to one incentive per client. Clients must have a U.S. domestic address to qualify for this offer.
How it works:
- Meet with a Merrill advisor to enroll in the offer.
- Open a new Bank of America Advantage Banking account between May 1 – August 31, 2023.
- Fund your accounts (combination of Bank of America deposit and Merrill investment eligible accounts) with at least $250,000 qualifying net new assets
- Accounts funded with qualifying net new assets within 60 days prior to when the checking account is open and within 60 days after the checking account is open are eligible to meet the funding requirements.
- For purposes of this offer, qualifying net new assets are calculated by adding total incoming assets or transfers (including cash, securities and/or margin debit balance transfers) from external accounts, and subtracting assets withdrawn or transferred out of the account.
- Assets transferred from other accounts at Bank of America, Merrill, Bank of America Private Bank, or 401(k) accounts administered by MLPF&S do not count towards qualifying net new assets.
- Maintain at least $250k+ in net new assets across your eligible Merrill investment and Bank of America deposit accounts with a minimum of $2,000 in your new checking account during the “maintenance period”. The maintenance period begins 61 days after you open the Bank of America Advantage Banking account and ends 120 days after you open the account.
- Within the maintenance period, your Bank of America Advantage Banking account must be deemed “active” by:
- Having at least one Bank of America Online or mobile banking login or;
- Have qualifying direct deposits made into the account. A “Qualifying Direct Deposit” is a direct deposit of regular monthly income – such as your salary, pension or Social Security benefits, which are made by your employer or other payer – using account and routing numbers that you provide to them. Examples of non-qualifying transfers and deposits include the following: teller deposits, wire transfers, debit card transfers, ATM transfers or deposits, Online and Mobile Banking transfers or deposits, or transfers from a bank or brokerage account or Merrill account.
Additional Terms and Conditions:
Your account does not qualify for the bonus described until you provide all the information we require in connection with opening the account by the promotion end date.
TAX DISCLAIMER: This includes information we require to identify each account owner and to report the value of the bonus to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), including a validly completed IRS Form W-9 or Form W-8 (as applicable). The value of the bonus may constitute taxable income to you. Bank of America may issue an IRS Form 1099 (or other appropriate form) to you that reflects the value of such bonus. To the extent required by law, Bank of America may withhold tax or other amounts from the payment. Please consult your tax advisor, as neither Bank of America, its affiliates, nor their employees provide tax advice.
If the offer requirements are met for the $1,000 bonus, we deposit the earned bonus directly into your eligible Bank of America Advantage Banking account after (30) days but no more than (60) days following the end of the 120-day maintenance period: if we are unable to do so, a check will be issued. Your new Bank of America Advantage Banking account must be open and in good standing up to and including the date any earned bonus is paid to receive the bonus.
The minimum deposit required to open a Bank of America Advantage Relationship Banking® account is $100. The Annual Percentage Yield (APY) for Bank of America Advantage Relationship Banking for Wealth Management is as follows: less than $50,000, 0.01%; $50,000 to less than $1,000,000, 0.02%; $1,000,000 and over, 0.02%. APYs are accurate as of 04/21/2023. Bank of America Advantage Relationship Banking for Wealth Management is a variable rate account. The rates may change after the account is opened. Fees may reduce earnings. View additional rates for other types of checking accounts here: https://www.bankofamerica.com/deposits/bank-account-interest-rates/.
For other account fees, rates and information, please see the Personal Schedule of Fees. To obtain a copy consult your Merrill advisor (if applicable), visit a financial center, or go to bankofamerica.com.
Reproduction, purchase, sale, transfer or trade of this offer is prohibited. Offer may not be combined with any other offer. Offer does not apply to business or second or multiple personal checking accounts.